Sunday, June 29, 2008

Boiled fish with vegetables or Tinolang isda

Every time I miss my mum's expertise in cooking I love to try this recipe....She's very resourceful and creative especially in cooking vegetables.
She cooks whatever vegetables she gets from the farm and what we already have in the kitchen.

When I had my vacation in the Philippines everybody in the house was surprised because I wanted to eat more vegetables instead of those meaty food. I told them that I'm already some kinda bored eating meat and I cook my own food here.

They couldn't believe that I'm already an expert cook here in the land of smiles hehehe...
Kidding aside I learned to love cooking, love to experiment whatever my taste buds like.

For everybody who likes to eat vegetables, I wanted to share this tasty, easy to prepare and healthy food, Tinolang isda. But eating vegetables alone is little difficult I know but this dish is prepared along with fish so you surely will enjoy this !



Ingredients

Fresh fish - 652 grams (any fish as preferred)
Shallot - 1 medium size
Ginger - 1 medium size
Tomato - 2 medium size
Pumpkin - 1 cup sliced
String beans - 1 cup sliced
Onion green leaves - 1 tablespoon sliced
Soya bean soy sauce - 1 1/2 table spoon
Salt - (as preferred)
Clean water - 2 cups

Preparation Time

25 - 30 minutes

Serves

3 - 5 people

Utensils Required

Cooking pot
Ladle
Cups
Spoon
Serving bowl

Preparation

  • Wash the fish very well 3 to 4 times
  • Boil 2 cups of clean water in a pot, first boil add sliced ginger, sliced shallot, sliced tomatoes, soya soy sauce and a little drop of iodized salt, cover the pot and let it cooked well
  • Add the fish and slightly boil it, then add vegetables and let it cook, avoid stirring so that the fish will not get pulverized
  • Finally add sliced onion green leaves and serve

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tasty dish,I tried this.thanks