Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Batchoy




B
ack to the Philippines... our place is famous for "Batchoy", it is one of my favorite dishes. This specialty dish is really a favorite of the residents and tourists visiting our place. I am very proud and overwhelmed to treat my family and friends with Batchoy whenever possible. But now I'm abroad and I always tell my friends that I miss so much eating Batchoy and I really wanted to prepare it myself. This summer break I did my best and here it is....

Ingredients

  • Taipei Non-Egg Yakisoba Noodles - 400 gms
  • Chicken meat (preferably thigh) - 1/4 kilo
  • Garlic - 1 medium bulb
  • Onion green leaves - 3 - 5 stems
  • Coriander leaves - 3 - 5 stems
  • Eggs - 3 pieces
  • Knorr chicken cube - 1 cube
  • Soybean sauce - 1 tablespoon
Preparation Time - 30 - 40 minutes

Serves - 3 persons

Utensils Required
  • Pot
  • Frying pan
  • Ladle
  • Spoon
  • Chopping board
  • Kitchen knife
  • Bowl
  • Plates
Preparation
  • Wash the chicken very well and boil in the pot until it is cooked well
  • Take the chicken from the broth and slice it into small pieces
  • Add little salt, one knorr chicken cube, and soybean sauce among ingredients
  • On the other pan fry the minced garlic until it turns golden brown
  • Then, blanch the Taipei Non-Egg Yakisoba Noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes
  • Drain the noodles from the water and place in dry container
  • Finally, break the egg in a bowl, add blanched Taipei Non-Egg Yakisoba Noodles, small sliced chicken, add boiling broth and garnish it with fried golden brown garlic and onion green leaves or coriander.

4 comments:

Josie said...

Yum! do you think i could substitue japanese udon noodles instead?

One of my favorite dishes is "Pad Thai"... :-P

Marvelous said...

Dear Josie,
I think Udon noodles can be used instead but I am not sure because I haven't tried it but you give a try. Thank you so much,I will try to get a recipe of Pad Thai and post it here,wait,hehe...God Bless!

Josie said...

Awesome I will try it out!! I would *love* a pad thai recipe... especially an authentic one!

Have a good weekend!! :)

Unknown said...

Oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....this dish is the dish I love.......its the dish...Josie..what is pad thai? ate...post abuot this also fast......i again feel hungry...Josie...post some dishes like this ..let me think again where to pack my bags to. hahahahahahaha....just kiddingggggggggggg God bless...