Monday, May 12, 2008

Living the present moment!

I often feel that I am not 'living' the present moment. When I was a child I really enjoyed each and every moment in my life. I still remember the ice creams I ate...it's taste...flavor...the jokes I shared with my friends while enjoying the delicacy...it was really good...those olden days. During childhood we often feel the moment we are in, we enjoy that moment. As years flew by... responsibilities creeped into my life...I began thinking about so many material things and such thoughts and consequent actions became a priority in my life. Each present moment simply swept past me without me really involved or enjoying it. My mind began racing towards future moments but couldn't enjoy the present. Little did I realize that the future moments became the present moments later on which I thought will be wonderful while I was at that present moment.

Very sad! Time just ticks away, it doesn't wait for anyone. We are just being carried away like a stream in todays fast pace of life.

It's up to us to enjoy the moment we are at present having. We have to live the present moment well. It is this present moment we have full control of, so we must make use of it to the maximum and enjoy. Live life fullest!

'Feel' the taste of the food we eat, 'feel' and enjoy the love we receive, 'feel really" everything life has in store for us. We always lament that our glass is half-empty but never accept the fact it is half-full. We forget to smell the roses we see everyday, we only see the thorns on their stems. We don't consciously appreciate what our sensory organs are feeding us everyday, every moment. We instead feel apprehensive, we wait for a bright future moment to start 'living' but the present moment here was the moment we were longing for to live well or start living well, happily.That was the moment we thought we will become happy, this was the moment we thought will make us happy, this we don't realize.

Do you agree with me?

May God help me as well as you to live life well enjoying the present beautiful moment right now we are all having given to us by Him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V good